The Hall Of Shame

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Soundman2020
Site Admin

The Hall Of Shame

Post by Soundman2020 »

I'm getting just a little bit more than upset with the amount of spam that we have to deal with here on the forum every day. I waste so much time deleting it and banning the spammers, and after a while it gets under my skin. So in my frustration I decided to fight back in my own futile and useless way. It won't actually accomplish anything in the grand scheme of things, but at least it makes me feel better!

From now on, every time that a company spams the forum (as they often do), they will get listed here.

The place that have the privilege of taking first place on the Hall of Shame list, is:

Smitty's Print Shop. Located somewhere in "Greater Colombia Area". They want your business so badly that they don't even have a street address on their web page! All they have is a phone number (with an 803 area code). Avoid them like the plague...
John Sayers
Site Admin

Re: The Hall Of Shame

Post by John Sayers »

Leave them to me Stuart as I can ban their IP and Email etc.

I actually contact the site they are promoting and tell to stop!! I think what often happens is they have paid someone to increase their web traffic not realising that they have hired a spammer!
John Sayers Productions

If this site helps you build your studio please use the Donate button.
BriHar

Post by BriHar »

Perhaps it might be possible to incorporate one of those graphic codes that you have to type in, at least for registering. That would at least help to eliminate some of the automatic i.e. machine spamming.
Brian
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

There is one Brian when you register.
John Sayers Productions

BriHar

Post by BriHar »

Guess I forgot that one.

On the ASSR Forum sometimes it requires this even for general posting, but not always, thought maybe it can be turned on and off. I know they had problems with spam, so maybe engaging it for a while discourages them.
Brian
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Brian - there is a new update to the forum software, I just haven't got around to installing it ;)
John Sayers Productions

xSpace

Post by xSpace »

I think we leave it in Johns hands...although I like spam, he has a better handle on it.

I like spam as in the Monty Python type...to clarify :)
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

I agree Brien - through the administration I can ban email addresses and ISPs etc.
John Sayers Productions