Help....Building a studio

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

newmusic11

Help....Building a studio

Post by newmusic11 »

Hey there everyone. I am looking to start buying my home studio equipment.
I'm not going for super professional sound and expensive equipment. Just looking to make it sound reasonable just to get heard and want it good enough to get my skill out there.

Here's what I am purchasing:

-AKG Perception 820 Microphone with Shock Mount
-Tascam US-144MKII
-Stedman Proscreen XL Pop Filter
-Extreme Isolation -29dB Studio Headphones

I also have cool edit pro on my computer.

I will be using my HP laptop and 2 external harddrives along with a good surround sound system. Let me know if this is all reasonable and if I'll need anything else? I hear a lot about "Preamps", "Sound Cards" and other equipment..but do you think I'll get away with just a microphone, audio interface, pop filter and good headphones for the time being..if not, what will I need immediately?

Thank you everyone
gullfo

Re: Help....Building a studio

Post by gullfo »

please update your profile with your location information and review the "read me before posting" sticky to answer the questions which will help us.
Glenn
Aural Phoenix

Re: Help....Building a studio

Post by Aural Phoenix »

.but do you think I'll get away with just a microphone, audio interface, pop filter and good headphones for the time being.
I was in the same boat, desperately rowing to " I'll get away". You need more than that once you know what you're missing, till then, ignorance is bliss. And loads are blissful.
I'm not going for super professional sound. Just looking to make it sound reasonable just to get heard and want it good enough to get my skill out there.
I'm not an expert, but I reckon with today's techniques you can get super professional sounding records at home if you just do your 'homework' :mrgreen: Then your skill would shine. :)

Good Luck,

A

P.S.: I hope you got somewhere with that studio :)