The Message

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

AVare
Confused, but not senile yet

The Message

Post by AVare »

An ongoing subject with new posters looking for design/build advice is to answer several questions. The post with the questions is referenced in different locations with different titles in different areas. Could the title and location within each area be standardized? It is frustrating to have to remember the title and location for each area.

Thank you.

Andre
Last edited by AVare on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good studio building is 90% design and 10% construction
gullfo

Re: The Message

Post by gullfo »

agreed. we should update the stickie to indicate that each person should use a maximum 1 thread per forum for a related topics to avoid too many cross-topic threads

"my studio design"

"my studio build"

"my studio acoustics"

"my studio wiring"

is probably the max most people need except to address unique or community interest type questions or statements.
Glenn
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

point taken Andre - I'll get onto it.
John Sayers Productions

If this site helps you build your studio please use the Donate button.
AVare
Confused, but not senile yet

Post by AVare »

Thank you to both of you.

Andre
Good studio building is 90% design and 10% construction
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

gullfo=Moderator :shock: holy moly!!

Hey andre. Do you have a home studio? Have you ever posted any visual designs that you yourself produced? Just curious.

cheers
fitZ
alright, breaks over , back on your heads......
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

cadesignr wrote:gullfo=Moderator :shock: holy moly!!
you're going to have to behave yourself now... :wink:
Glenn
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

No problem. I've got a good supply of "mood enhancers" now. :D
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

cadesignr wrote:No problem. I've got a good supply of "mood enhancers" now. :D
not the ones where the people end up in the bathtubs? :twisted:
Glenn
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

WTF????? Is something wrong with the server? I just got an email notice for this thread. The last post from Glenn was months ago.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

It was probably a spammer. It often happens that some *=%$+&/ spambot manages to get through, dumps a few piles of trash on very old threads, so the server dutifully sends out notification to everyone who was following the thread. But the moderators are pretty quick about deleting the spam (and the spammer!), so when you get here to see the new post, it isn't here any more.

It happens way to often: I wish there was a better way of stopping the spammers. I spend quite a bit of time each day just deleting spam, and I'm sure the other mods do too. Welcome to the Internet!

- Stuart -
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

Thanks Stuart. It didn't occur to me. BTW, how is your studio coming along? I haven't been following any builds lately. Too busy finishing up my computer enclosure mod.

fitZ
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Thanks for asking, Fitz! My place is still on hold, until I get the new bathroom finished. That's the deal I have with my wife: No problem at all with the studio, just as long a I build her a new bathroom first, where the balcony used to be. The good news is that the bathroom is nearly done! The tiling is finished, I just grouted the last wall, and all I need to do now is paint the ceiling and install the toilet, shower, sink and closet! The end is in sight....

And I've been cheating a bit, too: I bought my youngest daughter a nice drum kit, on the condition that she can only play it in the studio, once it is finished! So now she's motivated to help with the build, and also pestering mom about getting the studio done... :)

- Stuart -
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

Thanks for asking, Fitz! My place is still on hold, until I get the new bathroom finished.
OMG! I'm still in the EXACT same situation. Bathroom half finished. But I manage to sneak in a few hours a week on fixture stuff. That's why my computer enclosure has taken so long..not to mention my studio. :roll: :evil: :mrgreen:

If your interested, here's a few pics/Sketchups. I just finished installing one of two of the two computer's. Took a month to mod both cases. The first computer is actually my Graphics/Folding computer. It's based on an EVGA 3x SLI Classified mobo with an i7/975. The Daw computer is based on a Gigabyte x58 board with an i7/930. All running Win7 64 bit. Anyway, I'll post some pics in the construction thread for fixtures in the near future. Here's a few tidbits. Mind you, I had to REVERSE the typical computer airflow direction using a massive Crossflow exhaust fan with 192cfm with a negative air pressure in each compartment. They'll run at half speed(via an AC fan controller) which provides a noise reduction by a factor of 4.
Works MAHVALOUS dahling!

Had to extensively mod 2 identical Thermaltake cages, and make new front bezels to make this work. Then I mounted them on reversed drawer guides, so I can pull them out the back like a reversed Rackmount. They came out fantastic. At least for me.

There are lot's of little mods I haven't shown here.
One thing that isn't show on any of them is the back with sealed cable exit doors. That's last.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Looks cool! Congrats!