new studio build

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

wotzmusic

new studio build

Post by wotzmusic »

I've got two rooms with permits for a recording studio and I wondered whether anyone can help me design my studio. The rooms are 22" * 23" and 10" *10" and structurally I can join both rooms without any problems. (The plans of these rooms are attached in pdf format)

I intended to use the control room as a writing room for my self as well as for mixing and recording. On the other hand the live room will be used mainly for recording a grand piano, strings vocals and the other stuff occasionally. I will consider having an iso booth given that it doesn't constrain me from having a grand piano in the live room since this is what I intend to record 40% of the time. (My partner is a full time pianist).

Regarding the structure:

The building is made stone: with concrete reinforced floors.

If you need further details please do ask me :)

Any suggestions are welcome...
gullfo

Re: new studio build

Post by gullfo »

welcome! you might want to review the "readme before posting" stickie as it has a list of questions which will be very helpful. on first glance, it might be splitting the big room down the middle (from between the 2 blue doors across to the other exterior wall) and have the rooms both sideways - one with a window into the small room.
Glenn
wotzmusic

Post by wotzmusic »

I was thinking of slightly enlarging the small room in length and use that as a control room; dimension being 14' * 10' since I wish to have the option to record a string quartet in the larger room... I 'm not sure whats the best option yet I would really appreciate anyone's help in this.
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

maybe something like this? part of the double entry door area could be storage as well as the air lock.
Glenn
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

nice idea Glenn :thu:
John Sayers Productions

If this site helps you build your studio please use the Donate button.
wotzmusic

Post by wotzmusic »

glenn first of all thanks for your ideas :) just two comments and a question; the entrance to the studio is next to the control room; the air lock is infront of a veranda, could one turn round the console 90% in the room and thus have a larger console table? in a 20 * 10 room is it possible to record a quartet or a baby grand piano? Thanks again for your help ;)
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

you could turn the CR around sideways, lose the air lock and the veranda entry or add a super door there. maybe then shrink the CR a cir and the booth shift down a bit. although the main area of the live room remains the same, 10x20 should be enough for either a string quartet OR a baby grand, perhaps both if they are good friends :-)
Glenn
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

garcarstive wrote:I also want to build my studio and making recording track for my music production. I like to making some good music for the music company. I like to make one big music production studio for produce the best music. It is also very important to manage the recording of the music.
If you want to build your own studio, then please start your own thread, and stop hijacking the threads of other members with pointless comments. so far, you have commented on eight different threads, with nothing useful in any of your comments, and no questions at all about your own studio. So please, unless you have something constructive and useful to say about someone else's thread, don't comment on it!

You are very welcome to start your own thread, and you'll get plenty of help on that if you do, but your comments are not helping the threads of other people.

- Stuart -