Insulation in sydney

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

abt

Insulation in sydney

Post by abt »

I've done a search and found a few places in Sydney that sell insulation but I'm not having much luck with finding a supplier near the CBD that has sensible prices and delivery.
I'm looking for some 48kg/m3 semi rigid, something like Tontine Acoustisorb 3, for broadband absorbers, and some regular insulation for superchunk basstraps.

If anyone knows a good place that would be great.

I'm also having a lot of trouble figuring out equivalent product. Every place I contact has something different. I know Bunnings sells a few but they don't really know much about the product for this type of application.

The best I've found so far is:

14kg/m3 Glasswool Silencer Batts 90mm x 1160mm x 580mm 8pc/pk Coverage 5.38m2 per pk = $59.72 per pk + GST
Autex AAB48 Polyester Acoustic Sound Absorption 100mm x 1200mm x 2400mm 2pc/pk Coverage 5.76 per pk = $223.54 per pk + GST
Delivery to Sydney Metro additional $55.00 + GST

I think they're probably okay?
abt

Re: Insulation in sydney

Post by abt »

The Autex AAB48 Polyester seems like my best bet at this stage. Here's the data sheet:

http://autexindustries.com/retrieve-file/jaDoeMd.pdf

I'm not sure if anyone here has an opinion on it for a 2' x 4' x 3.4'' broadband absorber.