my nightmare

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

DVStef

my nightmare

Post by DVStef »

Hi , great forum !
I've got a big problem in my control room : the rear wall is concave and asymmetric !! I don't no how to calculate the RT60 and how to apply an effective acoustic treatment to this room .
Could somebody help me ?
I try to join a plan but it's in metric
sorry for my English
best regards
Stef
dymaxian

Post by dymaxian »

Greetings!

As long as you can forgive me for not being big on metric, don't worry about the English. We understand you just fine. ;)

This is rough, but it might work for you if you treat those back walls properly...

Hope this helps!

Kase
www.minemusic.net
Kase
www.minemusic.net

"to hell with the CD sales! Download the MP3s and come to the shows!"
DVStef

yesss !!

Post by DVStef »

Hi Kase , thanks for your reply :D . That's a good idea , I can include the rear bass traps in the new walls but don't you think it will pose a problem regarding the thickness difference of the traps ?
bye
Stef
dymaxian

Post by dymaxian »

I think your stereo image and the symmetry of the room is more for high end than it is for lows. I could be wrong about this. But either way, your room will probably improve pretty greatly from something like this.

Most of the time, I would think the rear wall would serve best by being absorptive- at very least to highs and mids. If you built that new back wall out of 2x2s, you'd still have room for 2" of rigid insulation between the studs. One of the corners would have a greater space behind the insulation, which would do more to absorb low freq sound, but I don't know if that would have a great effect on your stereo image.

It'd certainly be a better stereo image than what you have now...

Good luck!

Kase
www.minemusic.net
Kase
www.minemusic.net

"to hell with the CD sales! Download the MP3s and come to the shows!"
DVStef

Post by DVStef »

I think that you're right about the stereo image , and sure , the acoustic can't be worst than now ! I'll will continue thinking about this a couple of days ( and see if somebody have another solution which can save a little more surface ) and surely try what you purpose .
Many thanx to you for your help :wink:
I will surely need other councils ...!!
best regards
Stef