detailed grounding and power questions

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

sound_music

Re: detailed grounding and power questions

Post by sound_music »

hi soundman, yes there are 4 X 1.5m rods driven into the ground vertically at the corners of the grid. you can see the mechanical attachments where the rods attach on the corners of the grid. (in fact there was trouble with one of grid rods because of a rock, so there's one that's driven in on an angle)
there are 4 additional vertical rods driven in all 4 corners of the floorspace.

8 rods total.

later this week we will be testing the resistance, and if the desired result (less than 1ohm) is not met, we'll be adding and connecting a second grid.

we already have ALOT of good contact with good earth though, i doubt the 2nd grid will be necessary... we'll see!
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

yes there are 4 X 1.5m rods driven into the ground vertically at the corners of the grid.
Yeah I figured you must have done that! Just checking! :)

- Stuart -
Speedskater

Post by Speedskater »

In the US, meters for measuring ground rod resistance are very expensive! (approaching $2500 US)
Kevin
sound_music

Post by sound_music »

Speedskater wrote:In the US, meters for measuring ground rod resistance are very expensive! (approaching $2500 US)
luckily the electrician i've hired for the installation has all the required gear... (that would be more than the whole ground installation is costing me!)

will post results when i get the report. :wink: