Can i use this product for treat my room?

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

spinspin

Can i use this product for treat my room?

Post by spinspin »

hi
Im finally upgrading my room studio and treating my room. I have the opportunity to get the following product really cheap:
Johns manville 3.5 Unfaced Fiber Glass Batt Insulation I am a total newbie in regards to most things life related.. so not sure if i can use this stuff for anything/everything e.g bass traps,cloud, wall absorbers..? Also if it is suitable will it be ok health wise to be sleeping in the same room this?
any info would be great. I have also included a picture of the stuff i can get on the cheap thanks to the australian government
Thanks
Tubamark

Re: Can i use this product for treat my room?

Post by Tubamark »

spinspin wrote:hi
Im finally upgrading my room studio and treating my room. I have the opportunity to get the following product really cheap:
Johns manville 3.5 Unfaced Fiber Glass Batt Insulation I am a total newbie in regards to most things life related.. so not sure if i can use this stuff for anything/everything e.g bass traps,cloud, wall absorbers..? Also if it is suitable will it be ok health wise to be sleeping in the same room this?
any info would be great. I have also included a picture of the stuff i can get on the cheap thanks to the australian government
Thanks
Yes.
As long as the material isn't "disturbed" often, you'll be fine with a fabric cover. You can additionally cover with thin plastic (< 2 mil) if you don't mind losing a tiny bit of absorption at high frequencies. Mids and lows will be unaffected.
Layer and/or compress the batts as needed to achieve the needed density & thickness.

I can't tell if this is the formaldahyde-free stuff or not-- best to keep the room ventilated when not in use, just to allow the material to breathe. If the "smell" is gone, it's pretty safe.

-- Mark