RockWool Questions, Types

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

ecsmix

RockWool Questions, Types

Post by ecsmix »

Hi guys I would like to use the rockwool to help me with the reflections.

The guys from the manufacturer told me that the hard panel is best usable between two walls.Because it may looses some of it pieces on the air and I will breathe that.

So I was wondering about those other products:

http://www.fatork.com.br/la_rocha.htm

Thermax-Flex

Felt light rock wool, covered with a sheet of aluminum foil.

Used especially for the isolation of the air conditioning ducts, and also placed on the false ceiling for temperature control.

Density: TF-32
Dim: 3600x600 mm
width: 25/40/50 mm

Lamel-Max

Rigid segments of mineral wool insulation supported by aluminum, interspersed with polyester yarns.

Used in the isolation of large diameter pipes and high temperatures.

Internal coating for metallic pipes.

MIT - Blankets

Wool blankets on a rock lined the sides with wire mesh.

Used for isolation of equipment and cylindrical surfaces (flat or irregular) at high temperatures.

Dim: 2500x1000mm / ~ 3000x1000 mm /
4000x1000 mm
width: 40/50/63/75/100 mm

Felt - FSR

Felt rock wool supplied in rolls that facilitate application in suspended ceilings, partitions, cabinets and so on.

Density: 32 kg/m3
Dim: mm 12000x600
8000x600 mm
width: 25/50 mm

Max Roll

Rock wool felt enveloped in self-extinguishing polyethylene, used for linings and suspended ceilings that comes out under canopies.

Density: 32 kg/m3
Dim: 3600 x 600 mm
width: 25/40/50

Thanks.

P.S: Aplication would be to make my room sound better and if possible help(only) with some db's going utside the room.
gullfo

Re: RockWool Questions, Types

Post by gullfo »

these other products are mineral wool, rock wool, fiberglas. the FSR looks to be about right in terms of minimum density but without tests on its acoustic properties, your better off with known products. cover them in cloth or add a layer of light plastic if you're concerned about the fibers. there are also recycled cotton and hemp products but they are generally more costly but don't have the irritating fibers (although you have to check closely on fire retardants used and chemicals used to process...)
Glenn