Got it all EXCEPT, the interface (need help!)

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

zakster90

Got it all EXCEPT, the interface (need help!)

Post by zakster90 »

Hi Im new, my name is Zach.

I have a home studio, and I need some serious advice/guidance.
I recently put in the order and when everything arrived, I noticed I forgot to order an interface. I'll give you a brief rundown of what im running through.

From the mics it goes into a
AV Link 49 FT 24-Channel/4-Return Stage Snake
into a
Behringer EURODESK SX4882 Mixer
into a
(Insert interface here lol)
into a
Apple iMac, Intel Core i5 Processor, 27", 4GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive
Running: Sonar Home 7 XL, Mixcraft, and Bias Mastering program, all with some various instrument plug ins. :blah:

The other stuff I have is,
M-Audio Keystation 88es midi controler,
Blue Sky Media Desk 5.1 monitor system
Furman P-8 PRO II power condish.
Aphex 204 Aural Exciter
Behringer FBQ6200 Ultragraph Pro
Behringer MULTICOM PRO-XL
and a Alesis TapeLink USB Dual Cassette for cassette demos.

Now I need to figure out how to connect it all and how to get from the mixer, to the computer, and everything in between.
NOTE: I dont understand stuff like, DAW, Firewire, ADAT, and other stuff like that, so you may have to s l o w l y explain that to me. :shock:

Thanks, but I think yall have your work cut out for ya on trying to help me :horse:
gullfo

Re: Got it all EXCEPT, the interface (need help!)

Post by gullfo »

hey Zach!

read the "READ ME BEFORE POSTING" sticky so you can collect all the details we need plus update your location. also, you might consider spending lot's of time studying on this site (and other forums as well) to acquire the knowledge you need to understand how this equipment all works since there are a number of options of wiring it up and maintaining it... another consideration, if time is of the essence, consider hiring a local professional to come over and wire it up and pick their brains while they do it...

meanwhile, it looks like you're missing the analog to digital converters you need to get the output of the mixer into the computer and vice versa. you might look into the Behringer ADA8000 or higher end products such as Apogee, Lynx, RMI, Crane Song, etc. you need to have IEEE-1394 (firewire) ports on the Mac to handle the connection.

who uses cassettes any more? :)
Glenn
zakster90

Re: Got it all EXCEPT, the interface (need help!)

Post by zakster90 »

Lol well I will take a look around the site. Time is not really of the essence I have no rush.
As far as the cassettes I have people come up with little demos/riffs or what not and they either want it transferred onto the computer of give me an idea of what their after, so thats why I bought that.